No matter how much you like cooking, time management always becomes a priority. With daily needs of cooking food that matches the culinary expertise of any Michelin Star restaurant is no less of a dream, right? But if the basic ingredients can be simplified to an extent that it saves time and also provides Chef-style taste for the dish?
Dabur Hommade by Dabur has been promoting smart cooking experiences with a Science Based Ayurveda technology since the last 13 years. Being one of the first brands to introduce a quicker and more convenient ways of cooking in Indian kitchens, the journey has been backed by celebrated chefs like Vikas Khanna who often uses Dabur Hommade range to simplify the cooking process and time.
Indian cuisine is incomplete if not for a tadka of Ginger-Garlic paste, which is why my mother has been a fan of Dabur Hommade Ginger Garlic Paste since forever. But what about adapting international cuisines in the Indian Kitchen? To prove that these base products by Dabur Hommade cut down on the cooking time and serve the richest content possible for great flavors, I picked up Dabur Hommade Ginger Garlic Paste and the thick Coconut Milk to create a Burmese Recipe.
To keep the cooking fair and give you an insight on how I cooked Khao Suey, a soupy wholesome Burmese Meal with Dabur Hommade products, I clicked some ‘In The Making’ photographs. Take a look at my recipe and how I prepared this interesting yet detailed food item from the oriental kitchen.
6-7 White Mushrooms
250 gms chopped Cauliflower
150 gms finely chopped beans
1 Spring Onion
1 ½ tbs Dabur Hommade Ginger Garlic Paste
2 inch stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp oil
3 tbsp Gram Flour
2 cartons of Dabur Hommade Coconut Milk
Salt to taste
1 ½ tsp sugar
Black Pepper to taste
1/3 cup roasted peanuts
3 Tbsp Browned Onions
3 tbsp Finely Chopped Fried Garlic
½ bowl Fried Noodles
2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Chili Oil
Fresh Coriander for Garnishing
1 Spring Onion Chopped for Garnishing
200 gms Egg/Regular noodles
1. In a boiling pot, crack the noodles into halves and boil for 4-5 minutes. Drain the hot water and strain the boiled noodles through cold running water, to avoid stickiness and keep aside.
2. In the grinder, grind shallot, lemongrass and turmeric powder to paste.
3. Heat olive oil or sesame oil in a non-stick pan and add the ground paste. Add Dabur Hommade Ginger Garlic Paste and sauté well for 5 minutes.
4. Now add the gram flour, mix well and continue sauté for another 4-5 minutes. Add 1 cup water, whisk the mix well and bring it to a boil.
5. Add Dabur Hommade Coconut Milk to the mix and whisk gently. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes and add another cup of water and whisk gently. Now season the soup with salt, black pepper and sugar as per your liking.
6. Add all the vegetables and boil for 4-5 minutes. Close the lid of the soup and keep it aside for serving.
7. For the dry ingredients of this dish, coarsely crush roasted peanuts. Fry finely sliced garlic and onions till crispy.
8. For serving, place the noodles in a soup bowl. Pour the soup with veggies on the noodles, followed by a gentle sprinkle of browned onions, crushed peanuts, friend noodles and fried garlic.
9. Sprinkle chili flakes, a hint of chili sauce and a mild squeeze of lemon juice and finish the topping with some fresh coriander.
Tip : You can add tofu, chicken, prawns and lamb meat for added flavors to the Khao Suey.
Although, this was my first time trying to make Burmese Khao Suey at home, Dabur Hommade range made the cooking process much easier and the recipe tastes exactly like I’ve had at great restaurants. The creamy richness of the Dabur Hommade Coconut Milk guarantees intense amount of coconut flavor with a texture that is smooth and buttery. It can be used to make Thai Curry, Coconut Thai Chicken Skewers and many other Coastal & Oriental delicacies quite easily.
As far as the Dabur Hommade Ginger Garlic paste is concerned, this mix is a savior for almost every Indian dish being prepared as the paste tends to provide a base to many vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes alike.
Dabur Hommade range also consists of pure Ginger Paste, pure Garlic Paste, Tamarind Paste, Lemoneez Lemon Juice and the Tomato Puree. All these products ensure faster and tastier cooking experience and provide healthy eating experience due to Dabur’s organic approach towards producing a wide range of food products.
I can’t wait to try out other Dabur Hommade products to create more lip smacking memories with my friends and family.
Visit http://dabur.com/ to learn more about Dabur’s Science Based Ayurveda approach. If you would like to purchase Dabur Hommade products online, then visit www.daburhommade.com.
Wishing you all a happy cooking experience with Dabur!