Sir Charles Spencer “Charlie” Chaplin is the world renowed comedian. If you haven’t heard of him, you don’t know a very important part of the history!!
Well you all must be thinking why I am mentioning him here? He is a comedian alright, but his signature costume is something which has been imitated over decades.
His legendary hat, large shoes, baggy pants and coat were the result of his own styling. This style was mentioned by him in his autobiography as well :
“I wanted everything to be a contradiction: the pants baggy, the coat tight, the hat small and the shoes large … I added a small moustache, which, I reasoned, would add age without hiding my expression. I had no idea of the character. But the moment I was dressed, the clothes and the makeup made me feel the person he was. I began to know him, and by the time I walked on stage he was fully born.”
This legendary attire really inspired me a lot. So after a long M.I.A. from outfit creations, I am back with a Laughter (not literally). And I present to you Chaplin Couture!!
- Color Blocked Shirt : Since we live in a colorful world, I thought I should give some color to this outfit.
- Black trouser with suspenders : This is a typical Charlie Chaplin piece. “Remember how he use to pull his suspenders to give a funny punch to his act?”
- Chanel Perfume No 5 : Now this perfume does not need any introduction. Not because of the fact its “Chanel” but the very fact that it has been one of the famous vintage perfumes till date.
- Mustache Ring : This ring is an accessory lover’s favorite. It somehow reminds me of Charlie Chaplin’s bushy mustache.
- Tanned Brogue Wedges : Brogues have seen transformation in recent years and they have just got elevated. These wedges will go perfectly well with my next item.
- Louis Vuitton Vintage Suitcase : This is my favorite!! If you look close the suitcase actually has some smudged area, which shouts “Vintage”
I was doing some googling to see who all have taken up inspirations from Charlie Chaplin. Let us check out some of the best ones I came across :
[ image source : fashionbeyondfashion.wordpress.com ]
Editorial “He” inspired by Charlie Chaplin
Photographer : Stefan Giffthaler
Stylist : Luca Termine
Model : Brandon Wilson
[ image source : fashionfame.com ]
John Galliano Spring 2011 Mens Collection
And the best way to end this post is? By adding a classic Charlie Chaplin move clip 😀
This clip is one of my favorites from the Charlie Chaplin series. Take a look.
So does Charlie Chaplin Inspire you as well? Or do you have any other inspirations you want to mention?
I am waiting to hear from you 😉