It really is not news that the amount of environmental degradation taking place is just growing day by day. Even though our government has taken steps to curb this degradation, it really doesn’t seem to be having the necessary effect. But it does not mean that nothing can be done. A random act of kindness (towards mother earth) could really help turn back the clock and return our beloved earth to its former glory. At the end of the day, we are the ones responsible for the sorry state of our planet, and we are the only ones who can truly help. And we need to start now. Little things like:
- Not throwing garbage on the road, whether it be while travelling to another place or even near your own house, one can ensure that the surroundings remain clean and hygienic.
- Carpooling or using public transport will help in reducing the amount of pollution caused by vehicles as there would be lesser cars/bikes/scooters on the road and not to mention that you’d definitely be saving bucks on the petrol.
- Also opting for organic, eco-friendly and cruelty free beauty products would ensure you retain your glow without hurting the very essence of our existence. There are a lot of brands in the market which are actively campaigning for the environment, and such brands should definitely be promoted.
- I know we tend to get lazy at times, but following the proper disposal method for bottles and packets would also have a positive impact on the environment. A proper education to self and youngsters that we live with on the knowledge of types of disposal bags is a must. We all need to adapt the green, blue and black disposal bags system to ensure a smoother and more organized dumping of waste and recycle system.
- If you are a fashion enthusiast, say no to the chemically produced fabrics and accessories. Instead, opt for eco-friendly fabrics like soy cashmere, tencel, recycled polyester, organic cotton and wool. Most of these fabrics are pocket friendly, easy to dispose and are chemical free.
- A big game changer can be an absolute ban on fur and animal skin products. This boycott not only works in favor of the animals but will also help in restoring the disturbed life-cycle.
Solely for the reason of protecting our environment, Welspun Renewables, in association with Economic Times Acetech, has launched the Green Heroes project. The Green Heroes initiative urges each and every one of us to embrace the Green hero within us.
About Welspun Renewables
VISION -“Our vision is to light up India with clean, sustainable energy; and to transform the life of every Indian through Education, Empowerment, Environment and Health”
MISSION – “Our mission is to power a green India. We are helping India meet her growing energy requirements in an efficient, environment-friendly manner. In the next six years, we will become a fully-integrated power company by setting up renewable energy based power plants to help meet this goal.”
Pioneering renewable future
Welspun Renewables is the pioneering organization to utilize the power of the sun and wind. We believe this is the technology for the future and is a priority area for Welspun Renewables. Our emphasis on systems and processes has enabled the organization for flawless execution by consistently decreasing its on-ground development cycle. This has been instrumental in bringing the renewable tariffs closer to grid parity.
Not only this, Welspun has already, under its 3Es (Education, Empowerment, Environment & Health) program, distributed and planted about 10,000 saplings across Maharashtra. Isn’t that great?!
Check out their
Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/WelspunRenewables?fref=ts
Their website: http://www.welspunrenewables.com/greenhero/
Welspun Renewables #GreenHeroes Campaign
The initiative awards anyone whose own green campaign has a clearly defined ecological goal, has a 100 per cent measurable process and has had a visible impact on the environment.
If you think you are doing your part as a Green Hero, then you can participate in the Green Hero initiative as well and if your campaign is strong enough, you could be a Green Hero award recipient.
Madhav Rajaram Subrahmanyam, began his journey on ‘Save Tigers’ at a tender age of 6. Ever since then he has worked in addition to his regular student life to raise money for foundations working towards saving the endangered species.
When you visit their site, there is a link that will help your participate. Also if any of your friends has the “Green Hero” spirit in them, then you can nominate them as well for the award.
Participation Form: http://www.welspunrenewables.com/greenhero/
Padma Shri Jadav “Molai” Payeng is a Mishing tribe environmental activist and forestry worker from Jorhat, India. Over the course of several decades, he planted and tended trees on a sandbar of the river Brahmaputra turning it into a forest reserve. – Wikipedia
So my dear readers, I really hope that together we can help in making this beautiful planet of ours even more beautiful and green. Here I have only discussed things that came to my mind about how to help the planet in our own small way. I would love to hear all of your ideas as well, so that we can learn from each other and play a small role in the betterment of our environment.
After all, “The only way forward, if we are going to improve the quality of the environment, is to get everybody involved” – Richard Rogers.
By Amrita Balaji – Features Writer, Kalapalette